April fool's day celebrated most peoples around the world every 1st of April. On the date peoples allow to lie or marked practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, enemies and neighbors or to who ever...as long as the person knew you. In some country April fool's could be celebrated before the day but some were not.
To embarrass the gullible (orang yang mudah tertipu), or to your BF, GF, mummy and daddy, friends or may be to the world.
Who is eligible
Whoever! even a cow or a dog....lolz!
Very difficult to explain the origin and no one researcher can prove the origin of April fool's. However, the first April fool's was celebrated on 1st of April in the Great Britain followed by Scotland at the beginning of 18th of century. Some theory stated that the origin could be from France because it was referred to April fool's day joke on 1508.
In Scotland the custom (pakaian diorang) was known as "hunting the gowk" and the custom for April fool's was known as "April gowks".
Well known pranks
1. The April 1998 the newsletter of new Mexicans for science and reasons contained an article written by physicist Mark Boslough claiming that the value of constant pi has been changed to 3.0 (original value approximate 3.142)
2. The Dutch TV news reported once in the 1950s that the Tower of Pisa had fallen over. Many shocked people contacted the station...lolz!
3. Australian radio station announced in 2002 that Athens had lost the 2004 Summer Olympic because they couldn't be ready in time and that Sydney would have to host it again.
Effects of April fool's
1. On 1st of April 1946, Tsunami earth quake in Aleutian island killed 165 peoples at Hawaii and Alaska. Because peoples thought it was a joke when the Tsunami Alarm rang.
2. Peoples thought google were joking when they launching their Gmail (email) in April 2004.
P/S: You wanna know what i will do today (1st of April)? Test ENT600, Test BFR501, Test ITS670, Report Java!!! Suck..I could die.....help me! Its really horrible April fool's in my life.