Thursday 17 May 2012

Maybank banker's confirmation letter

First, I would like to say it's not easy!! (I'm in maybank tower in KL waiting for my letter and it takes ages) I must say Maybank is so fussy about this thing but their fault because what's the purpose of internet and computers technology if they still need my bankbook or my passbook for verification. I find this method to verify my identity as their customer is ridiculous and very naive. I believe they can just take the photocopy of my passport and IC if they afraid I was cheating. They can simply chase me easily using those two documents.

About two weeks ago I went to Maybank in Kota Kinabalu requested a banker's confirmation letter for my visa application. After about an hour waiting they said they can't issue it as I need to go to the branch where I opened my bank account. I was like shit!!! come on...is that mean I have to fly up to Penang which about 3 hours journey by plane from Kota Kinabalu? Alternatively, I can go to maybank HQ to get it. That must be very annoying because I need to fly thousand kilometers just a get a piece of paper. I was so upset and rang the British High Commission in KL. I was wondering whether I need to go to KL to submit my visa application or not. They said yes I do need to go to KL as they would need to take my biometrics data. Whatever..so it was okay because the British High commission and Maybank are quite close.

I flew to KL yesterday together with my niece and nephew. I got up about 6am in the morning to avoid the traffic jammed. From Serdang we drove up to KL about 7am and just managed to escape from the congested road. We arrived at maybank about 9.05am about 10 minutes before they opened. Sharp 9.15am the doors opened and I came in with a big dream hoping all goes well. Well, I had to go to three counters before I reached the correct person who can issue me the letter. I came into Nilam room and the clerk greets me "Good morning. May I help you?". Then I started the conversation. She asked me to write a simple letter requesting the manager to sign the banker's confirmation letter. I did it in about 10 minutes. Well, I gave her the photocopy of my passport and IC. So strange because they never did this before. In 2009 I did it so smoothly and they weren't so fussy.

After I wrote the letter and gave all my details the clerk asked me to wait outside and she will call me when it's ready. Phewww...I said almost done! A few minutes later she came to me and said they need my passbook or bankbook for final verification. I said I don't have the book because when I opened it last time in Penang they didn't give me the book. Phew!!! guess what she said..."we can't issue the letter and I have to go to Penang where I opened my bank account. Only the manager at there can issue the letter." OMG!!!! what the hell and shit!!!! come one maybank...you can verify me just by looking at your computer. It was so annoying. Then I was begging to the manager and at last he said they need to fax them my passbook sample to get my signature which maybe a bit late...well I have no choice but hope queensbay maybank can fax my passbook sample as soon as possible. I'm running out of time...my appointment with the british high commission is at 12pm. God I need to your help.

Update: I'm done after 2 hours at maybank and 2 hours 30 minutes with the british embassy appointment. Follow up the journey here

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails