The +ve sides
- I love my role as a software engineer and i feel so proud of myself with every single project i've completed.
- No need to punch card. No worry about red mark or black mark on your card. No punch card anyway.
- Flexible time work. It does not matter what time you arrived at the office as long as you work 8 hours per day!!!! thats fine!!
-Salary increment is twice a year...yahoooo...so good. Even bonus also twice a year. For example if your basic salary is RM3500 and your performance for the last 6 months was 90%. It means your salary increment is 0.09 x RM3500 = RM315. If you can maintain your performance in the next 6 months 90% means your next salary increment is 0.09 x RM3815 (remember your basic salary became RM3500 + RM 315) = RM 343.35. This means within a year your salary increment could be RM700!!!
My last performance was 86%..so i'm glad of it!!! Buli lah cari makan!!
-You can work from home as long as you can submit your work on time.
- A lot of fun at the office. I mean dinner, team building, moto mania and many other activities.
- I've learned something which is very valuable to my future career. They called it Automation Testing. I've learned the script and the process. Wow...i loved it a the beginning but after sometimes...i felt bored.
The -ve Sides
- Motorola is a huge multinational company and since i am a new engineer with them. They don't really care about you particularly when you are exchanging opinions with the senior engineers. No matter how good your opinions are, they will put it to the lowest priority.
-Since i am the only "hard core programmer" (pheweeeitttt!!!) in my department, i felt a bit lonely and stress especially when i am developing a web application that required me a lot of hard work and skills. The other engineers don't really know about programming because they are specialized in doing testing. So when i asked about the development side...they don't know. Pity me!!! I squeezed my brain for every single project I've handled.
- I did not have the chance to strengthen my programming skills because there is no someone better then me in programming part in my department. So i just slightly above from where i was. I was expecting to learn more in Java but no one could program Java in my department. So a bit disappointing actually. It's a pity actually because Motorola Penang is specialized in doing testing instead of development.
Anyway, there you go...i've listed some good and bad things working with a multinational company and maybe you would like to consider my review about Motorola. Think about it friends!!! I didn't say they are good or bad but i said they are pros and cons.
P/S: I am still counting my day to leave Motorola. In 2 weeks time I will be leaving!!!!! At this moment so busy with my visa applications going to the UK. At the same time...am miss sabah so much. I knew i don't have time to spend in sabah because i might be leaving for the UK in the first week of Jan 2010.