Sunday, 30 November 2008

My Job offer..what shall I do?


This is the offer letter from them. Just a part of it.

Hello Guys, I am really in dilemma. Now I really want all blogger friends' opinion. What do you think? Actually the story is like this......last week i just applied a job from this website. I just apply and just in case if i get an offer from them i will think about it. So i saw their main core business in system development. So I said to myself...Wow...this is great!!! So I quickly search my CV and send it to them. Actually I really dont think I will get it. So....about 3 days later, I login into my Gmail account and i saw their Offer. So i said wow...suprisingly i closed my mouth with my fingers. After that I quickly replied the email and 2 days later, my mobile phone ringing and i saw my HP and it appeared "private numbers". So I answerd my mobile "Hello". And a nice voice answered and said "Hello, May I speak to MR. Andrik Please?". So i said "Speaking".....So..bla..bla..bla....we had a long conversation and lastly i know the call was from the UK. Argh...in short...i got and offer as a programmer from the UK. The company is located in hampton, Middlesex. And this place is just next to London. So guys what do you think? shall i receive or refuse? For you information Accomadition will be provided and also transport. They will send the company profile + return way tickets as soon as possible and also the pocket money..My family did not agree but i am really excited because of this offer and i have to refuse my master degree as well...argh......this job? or master degree? help me bloggers..

11 comments:

Beck the BandagedKnees said...

^_^ idk andrik.. but.. since u asked ur readers opinion as art of em.. i think.. im gonna say.. forget bout the offer man..~ :P perhaps u might think its cool and idk anything bout it.. but; dont take ur master degree aswell.. if u think thats bothering.. :P

geez.. i juz wondering andrik..~ :P y do u need to rush on things that u dont even know about he ending..? i mean .. hehe try to re-think it hun.. :P you dont know if this "real-letter" really isnt a scam..? O_o" they doing business and need corker; ofcourse! what do u think about it..? ;) ...if u know waht i mean..?

have u seen bout the green card offers from any site, offered by some strong nation in western.. to live in US? ;) well.. if u ever heard or seen it around.. i've apply it before and whoa.. they really "doig busineess in there" to which they're calling me to reconfirm bout my "agreement"~ hence i try to delaying their offers and dang they really gonna ask me the same Q again till i say no.

so what do u think about it hun..?

^_~ hehe andrik im not good in giving advices.. but.. y need to have these 2 option when u can hav more..? xD hehe.. rock on!

C.Alv.B said...

Andrik..its good to be true also. Okay, first what u have to do is..search for the profile of this company. Better check direct to UK federal of their existence or ask help from Malaysian Consult there. Don't just grab it. Why so fast they want to hired you not even a week? try to search and ask advise from the expert. But if this company really exist, why not..just accept it. Good to have an experience in ur age now. Master? u can take it slowly. Dont rush about. Dont grab in one time..be patient..u can take it anytime. Further if u have work experience, I'm sure ur can get exempted for few paper..I guess (Master)

Mell_f said...

I agree with beck,if you cant make up ur mind between those 2, then let it. Why bother to rush and make decision when you still not sure the thing u want. Chill ok? :)

kuai said...

wah... keputusan yang susah dibuat kan?..

Dear andrik... don't stress kio..:) I've done some research about this company... asked the UK friend.. they said seems good.. and seems to be ok.. well it better u to make sure by urself... kalo betul2 this company wujud.. tidak rugi ko ambil peluang mencuba... you r still young!! just 23 kan? ^_^.. masi buli ambil 2-3 years experience di sana..

study? u got a degree.. master will follow slowly..:) sa pun skrg 25 tahun baru mau sambung diploma.. LOL.. well, u r lucky..:)

btw, apa pun keputusan, mau kasi senang hati parents juga kan..:) well, kalo ko buli kasi YAKIN derang... Great!!..

apa2 pun.. kami sukung ja apa kehendak hati ko ni.. itu cuma advice dari sa.. yg plg penting apa yang KO MAU.. :)

Good Day kio!!

sweetie~ said...

andrik gooooooooooooooooooooo.....pls gooooooooooooooooooo.....hehe. but seriously if i were u i will definitely go. no second thought. you can take your masters in UK. furthermore, your masters will be more 'meaningful' after few years of working experiences. at least 3 years.

you are young so travel as much as you can.....gain as much experiences as you can....see the world.....

so pls go...klu kau nda pigi sy yg kecewa oo....keke. you can enroll masters anytime la man....working experience is more valuable....

ReNo said...

Sy teda mslh dgn piliha ko ni. apa pun sy nda rasa rugi sebab dua2 pilihan pun ada pro & con kan? bnyk hal kena pertimbang. Parent? GF? manuk2? kuseng? hehe

Apa pun urg bilang, Andrik, dingar sini "ITS YR LIFE BA, YOU DECIDE YRSELF! klu ko buat keputusan dan ko bilang 'Arghhh napa la sy ikut cakap si anu dulu?' nah nda guna juga... amik masa dan bertenang. Pigi sembayang. hehe mcm bergurau2 tp serius ni...

P/S: I wish.... :D

april RD said...

Andrik...well i cant say more bout it too, but i think u dont have to be so excited just because u will work in UK...u must be careful. u should check bout the company first, maybe ask duta msia d UK or somethng...u still young, if u do ur master, i' sure u'll get more bttr offer...but after all, its up tu u...i'm always here to support u :)

HoneyBUZZin said...

Just becareful. Chk it out first especially about that offer..it could be a scam..it could be for real! Find out more about em'. All the Best! regards

Wel^Beiolman said...

wah...byk suda komen...i cant give u any better advice but I can tell u if I were u......i will definitely accept the offer ONLY IF the comp is legit=offer is legit=accommodation is legit..never mind the transportation coz' public transportation is way better than in malaysia...not very important in short la..

master..y putting master as an excuse?have u heard about the remarks.."we're learning in our entire life..." and i knew there, you could actually transfer your credits from one U to another...in case if you have taken your master course here...some of my friends are working in UK..as well as taking master...of course it wouldnt be easy but then..thats what we call life...taking a reasonable challenge and risk to be a better person...to get better things in life...i'm afraid later in future if I were you I would regret it...

yeah....everyday we have to make our own decision..we were given tones of options to which path of life we opt to...none of us knew which path is the best..experience will tell and we're the one making it worth and work for ourselves....

also..if I were then asked either to postpone my master..why not..is there a problem taking your master when you're already 3 years older from now?I dont think so..still if i were u...

u think for yourself..dont put too much pressure on yourself (rushing as most our blogger friends keep on telling u)..take it easy and think about it properly..opportunity does not come twice nor more than once...usually la..so do your homework..do a proper investigation....dont let yourself become your own obstacle to get a better and happy life by thinking too much to please everyone..attached to someone...if there's love..then let love drives you as a motivation to seek better pleasure in your future life...

just a thought...think about it..and congrate for the offer...

Andrik McVean said...

hello everybody ..you all are really my true friends. thank for the advices and also the suggestion. I still need time to think about it and i will be back to sabah by the end of this month to discuss with my family regarding to the offer. I love you all guys..once again thanks ya! I think...i might take the opt. I met several lecturers and they also prefer me to take the offer because as wel said opt doesn't come twice...i know this is the most difficult decision in my life so far..i really want to take that opt but at the same time i feel sad to leave my family..

Tompinai paladius @ NiT said...

Bro.. I may have to agree with the others like I told you in the shout box, I have my own reason to decline the offer. I'm sure in the near future once you have your working experiences plus your qualification there will be more offers coming right in front of you :) Trust me.

So in the mean time, please reconsider the pros and contras our opinions, family and friends then you decide what you want.

All the best.

-Nit-

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails