Saturday 30 October 2010

All That!

All That!

Guest post of the week by Moises Henderson

Nickelodeon used to have a show called All That! This show was popular back in the mid-1990s when I was between the ages of 12 and 15 mostly. It was a show that was like a kid's version of Saturday Night Live. It was hilarious for kids. I think my parents even thought it was funny most of the time. They even had a musical guest come at the end of each show just like on SNL and they had tons of funny sketches and recurring characters just like SNL.

Speaking of SNL, one of the stand-outs of All That!, Keenan Thompson, is now a regular on SNL and has been for a few years now. It was weird when I first started seeing him on it because I still saw him as a Nickelodeon star. It was even more weird when I heard him say a curse word for the first time, even though by then I was already 20 years old.

Amanda Bynes was another stand-out who went on to do big things. She has been in several big movies and has had a couple hit TV shows on Nickelodeon and the WB. She is now retired from acting, though. All That! was overall a pretty cool show and I think you can still watch it on satellite TV from directstartv.com if you want to.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails