Friday 29 October 2010

A Total Surprise Meeting

Guest post written by Bill Chigron

It all started with a simple trip into town so I could get my Miracle Ear hearing test, and it turned into an amazing fun-filled fall day. How? Well, immediately after my appointment I went to the supermarket to pick up a few things for NancyÑshe needed a few extra items for dinner. Then, out of nowhere, I ran into my old college roommate! Right smack dab in the middle of the store! What are the odds? Especially since he lived an hour outside of town even then!

Since the run-in seemed so fortuitous and fateful, we decided to go out to have a cup of coffeeÉwhich turned in to another cup of coffee, which turned into a trip in to town for our annual fall festival. Turns out he was just visiting some old friends for the weekendÑand that ended up including me. What a great surprise! WeÕve made plans to get together sometime next month, tooÑnext time on his side of the state. Things really do happen for a reason, they say!

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails