Thursday 2 February 2012

Day 4: Kinabalu Day trip challange training

Hi folks, today is my fourth day training for Day climb kinabalu challenge. It has been quite interesting week for me. Today I covered almost 15KM in total in two different trainings. The first one was red hill with a longer and a bit different route which is 5.5KM. This was a bit slow because it was on the afternoon and the weather was really hot that time. Before I started my run it was already hot but half way of my run the weather was getting mad. I finished the first training 49 minutes 19 seconds. Considering the distance I should have done in less than 45 minutes. It was okay and it didn't matter because I knew I will hit another track which is longer. I finished my run about 12.40PM (you see it was in the afternoon).

Before my watch showed 5.30PM, I was a bit busy in the kitchen cooking for lunch, washing and I needed to buy something and had to go to town. With all those things i've done I had probably a couple of hours rest. It wasn't too bad actually. Exactly 5.30PM I put my short and shoes on. I drove the car to Tenghilan Old road which is about 5 minutes away from my sister's house. I parked the car next to the bus stop and started my stretching. It was about 10 minutes or maybe a bit less. I was excited because I wanted to finish the whole route which is about 9.4KM. My personal best record was 59 minutes 58 seconds about 2 weeks ago. It was just my target to finish it in less than an hour. Two weeks ago after the run I was exhausted. Fuh!!!!

I started my second training in an easy pace. I usually will finish at the 1.4th in 7 minutes 30 seconds but today's record was 8 minutes 10 seconds. But I actually planned to run slower at the beginning. At the 3.4th KM my best record is 17 minutes 30 seconds but today's record 18minutes. After I finished half way I started to increase my pace again and again by watching my heart rate. another 4.7KM to go and I had to make sure my heart rate won't exceed 180bpm. By watching my heart rate I was successful to keep my pace and I sprint at the last 1.4KM. I managed to finish the whole route in 57 minutes 58 seconds! This was great compared to my personal best record.

I enjoyed my training today!!!

For those of you who have just arrived on my page in my previous post I have mentioned that I am currently on my training for Kinabalu Day Climb Challenge. This is not an event organised by any company but this is a challenge for me as a part of my Training for next year's Kinabalu Climbathon. This is for me and my two brothers in law. Three of us will go for it by the end of Feb. Well we have tried the trial challenge up to the 4th kilometer and it took me 1 hour 10 minutes to complete the track. I have another 1 hour 20 minutes with another 4.7KM left ahead and looking at the distance it's almost impossible to reach the top in less than 2 hours 30 minutes. My brother in law took 1 hour 16 minutes which is 6 minutes behind me. So at the moment our initial target is to reach the top in less than 2 hours 30 minutes. Considering our current fitness, most probably it would take 3 hours for us to reach the summit. Or even more! Usual climbers would take 2 days 1 night to climb Kinabalu mountain. Kinabalu Climbathon is the toughest mountain race in the world. Are you tough enough to join the race?

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails