Saturday 11 February 2012

My Inspiration for Kinabalu Climbathon


Together with Killian Jornet the winner!!!

Together with the first and second runner up. The champion was from Sabah, Danny.


Marco - although he came second he is still the record holder for this toughest mountain race in the world

Killian Jornet of Spain won 2011's climbathon

My spirit and motivation shot up when I attended the 25th Kinabalu Climbathon last year. I saw the top fell runners from all over the world challenging them self for the toughest mountain race in the world. Yes it was very tough and I bet you none (or very few) of the fell runners would say they did enjoy the run. No..even Anna Frost a top world's fell runner who came second said she had no good feeling while she was running up and down the mountain. Spanish fell runner, Killian the champion for men open category said it was tougher than running 166KM on Mount Blanc.He added, it was the toughest mountain race he ever had.

I took a chance to take some pictures with the champion for the men open category and for the second and third place in women open. I just love those pictures above. Killian defeated Marco of Italy who is the current record holder for this climbathon. Those pictures are my inspiration to join this race. I wouldn't dream to be in the top 20 for my first participation but to be in the top 30 is more than enough. Or even to finish it within the cut off time would make me really happy.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails