Wednesday 1 February 2012

Climbing Ben Nevis Mountain, Scotland

On top of Ben Nevis
Taking a break
Beautiful view

Nov 2011, I flew to London From Kota Kinabalu, stayed overnight in KL at my niece's place in Serdang. The next morning I was excited to catch my flight going to London at KLIA. It was 13 and half hours flight and of course very tiring. The purpose to go back to London was because I had to present my master's dissertation at the international conference in Brighton. Well, it was great experience meeting with many professors, phd students and outsiders who have years experience in e-Learning. I will let you all know how the presentation went in my next post. After the presentation I had meetings with Prof.Reyer who is my potential PhD supervisor. All worked well! Great!

Anyway, few days before I flew back to Kuala Lumpur, I had spare time and decided to climb Ben Nevis mountain which is the higest peak in Scotland (and UK). It wasn't as tough as Kinabalu mountain but it has its strength. The route wasn't very steep but guess what it was fuc**ng cold. It was really cold. I remembered, when i took off my glove on top and my fingers were in pain!! Because of the coldness!! Very cold indeed. I thought it was about -7C..Fuh!!!! But it was really great! the view was spectecular! It was 5 hours and 30 minutes climb up and another 5 hours down! So in total 10 hours and 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Kakzakie Purvit said...

Wow... fantastic. It seems not many people climbing or cause the weather too cool...

Nice scenery and experience anyway:)

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails