Monday 6 February 2012

Day 6: Kinabalu Day trip challange training

I hit both hilly tracks but today's runs were both disappointing. Guess why?
Because both of them I didn't do very well. I had my legs and my back massaged last night by mum. It felt so nice and i fallen asleep just like that. I had my two days rest on Saturday and Sunday. Everything was well planned. So i thought could break my personal best records for today's training. I timed myself the 9.52KM in 1 hour 1 minute 22 seconds.

My initial target was to do it within 56 minutes or the latest was 57 minutes. But I failed to do it. Grrrrrr…I was very upset after the run. But I still have tomorrow but maybe I will go for different tracks. Although I didn't break my best personal record but considering the hot weather I thought I could accept it. Huh!!! Yes it was bloody too hot for a run. I started at 10AM in the morning and was too hot to enjoy the run.

Anyway, evening's run was just slightly better. Although it was just 6.32KM in 39 minutes 10 seconds still not my worst record. Maybe the 4th best because last week I did 37 minutes 58 seconds which was my fastest on that hilly track. I started my second run at 4.30PM and I thought it was okay but i was too bloody hot to enjoy the run. I should have started about 5-ish in the evening next time. Or it would be very very hot to enjoy the run.

Anyway, I finished both of my runs with carrot juice. Mmmm I just love carrot juice!!

P/S: Today was very busy apart of my two running sessions. I am very tired. Night night all..

For those of you who have just arrived on my page in my previous post I have mentioned that I am currently on my training for Kinabalu Day Climb Challenge. This is not an event organised by any company but this is a challenge for me as a part of my Training for next year's Kinabalu Climbathon. This is for me and my two brothers in law. Three of us will go for it by the end of Feb. Well we have tried the trial challenge up to the 4th kilometer and it took me 1 hour 10 minutes to complete the track. I have another 1 hour 20 minutes with another 4.7KM left ahead and looking at the distance it's almost impossible to reach the top in less than 2 hours 30 minutes. My brother in law took 1 hour 16 minutes which is 6 minutes behind me. So at the moment our initial target is to reach the top in less than 2 hours 30 minutes. Considering our current fitness, most probably it would take 3 hours for us to reach the summit. Or even more! Usual climbers would take 2 days 1 night to climb Kinabalu mountain. Kinabalu Climbathon is the toughest mountain race in the world. Are you tough enough to join the race?

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails