Monday 20 February 2012

First run after 3 days off from training

Hello friends, how are you? I hope all goes well eh. I have been resting for three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) because I was so bloody unwell. I did pushed myself to have a short run but it just didn't work. In fact, I was shivering after my run and had to take a warm shower. Unfortunately we didn't have a bath and couldn't soak my body in a warm water. Gezzz...I wish we had the bath so I could soak off my body every after run.

After three days off from my training, I restarted my engine again today. I did it in two different sessions 4.4KM each. The first session I ran at 2 in the afternoon and it was bloody hot. I ran and finished the 4.4KM with very embarrassing time in 39 minutes 26 seconds. I should have finished it in less than 30 minutes because it wasn't on a flat ground. I ran up and down hills with different elevations. Although they were not great big hills but it's always tougher to run up rather than run down and on a flat ground. If I ran on a flat ground, I could finish 4.4KM in less than 21 minutes. I was a bit disappointed with the time I did but considering the temperature of 35C I thought it should be all right.

The second session I managed to complete just slightly better time in 34minutes 18 seconds. I must say it wasn't my best time, because I usually finished it in less than 30 minutes. But I must say I am still unwell with blocked nose (the mucus in my nose). I now realise running required a lot of effort especially if you want to break your best personal record (PB) or even if you want to finish the run within your usual time. I thought I could run faster after 3 days off but I was wrong because recovered from being unwell doesn't mean you are on top of your health. Your body needs to recover another a few more days.

Anyway, in total I did 8.8KM today with a great struggle ha..ha...ha.....
Well guys, it's almost 12PM and I'm going to bed now........
I hope tomorrow gonna be a great weather to run a long run. I hope to run 16KM but again it depends with how I feel.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails